Friday, April 23, 2010

No Locomotive

I will be one of two visual artists at a UNH MUSO poetry reading on Monday (April 26 2010)!!

http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt=1&q=portland+journal&o=69&sid=162100909.2201602487..1&s=10#!/event.php?eid=114817508539615&ref=ts

My good friend Cody John Laplante will be reading poems, along with some other talented people. There are available open mic slots if you want to join in. Also, free food and MUSO goodies, I hear.

I took down most of the work from the Front St. Gallery to bring, and I got some extra copies of Out of my Head, Wrong Brain 1, also Wrong Brain 2. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to charge $2 for WB1 because I had to pay for the copies myself, but WB2 will still be free (although I am accepting donations!). If I have time I'd like to make some new prints of never-before-seen stuff, something a little special maybe. We'll see- I have plenty of work to do this weekend @ Newfields Country Store and the Wright Place! phew.

So do I have any visual goodies to give to you, my dear reader?

This is a REALLY quick illustration I did for a Portland, ME art call-for-submissions for a magazine called Words and Images. They asked for any art relating to the city. I haven't been there too many times, but I do specifically remember one rainy early morning when Greg, Geoff and I skipped school to go to an open house at Maine College of Art. It was a miserable day, we were all incredibly tired, and didn't dig the school too much. However the actual city was really historic-looking, and I remember one construction area with sheets of wood covering buildings with a ton of stencil and sticker work from the college kids (presumably... it was right near MECA). We ate bagels for a second breakfast and drove home in the fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment